*ANSI & OSHA Compliant
MEWP Classification Definitions
MEWP classifications are made up of a MEWP Group (platform location in reference to tipping line) with an associated MEWP Type (reference to traveling).
- Type 1 – traveling is allowed only when in the stowed position
- Type 2 – traveling with the work platform in the elevated travel position is controlled from a point on the chassis
- Type 3 – traveling with the work platform in the elevated travel position is controlled from a point on the work platform
- Group A – vertical projection on the center of the platform area, in all platform configurations at the maximum chassis inclination specified by the manufacturer, is always inside the tipping lines
- Group B – all other MEWPs, MEWPs not in Group A